Friday, January 4, 2013

A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest


Title: A Shade of Vampire
Author: Bella Forrest
Format Acquired: pdf provided by author for honest review
Publication Date: December 14, 2012
Publishing House: self published
IBSN: 1481280767


Summary:

On the evening of Sofia Claremont's 17th birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake.

A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood. 

She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.

An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains. 

Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince. 

Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.

Will she succeed? ...or is she destined to the same fate that all other girls have met at the hands of the Novaks?

Review:

I actually really enjoyed this novel more than I thought I would. I have't read about vampires in quite a while, but I found myself drawn into the world of vampires that Forrest created. At first glance at the cover, I probably wouldn't have picked up this title. I know it may seem shallow, but I do tend to pick out YA books with covers that fascinate me or I am drawn to. Neither of these were present in the cover of this book. I was pleasantly surprised to know that the story within was much better than I expected.

At first glance, Sofia seems to be timid and very dependent on her best friend. But after reading a little bit into the novel you discover that she is actually a tiny ball of fire. She is fiercely independent and I lover her character. Derek is one of those misunderstood types that you can't help but fall for. The two together was just like watching one of those love stories that you just swoon over.

Overall, I really did like this book. I really wish it was longer because I was a bit disappointed at it's length and lack of action. I am hoping that the next book will help remedy this. 

Overall: 
(But more like 4.5 owls)

This novel can be found at:


0 comments:

Post a Comment